12 Apostles - Aerial view

By Cubie - December 21, 2010

Great Ocean Road is the home to the famous rock - the Twelve Apostles. According to the Visit Victoria website, the Twelve Apostles have been created by constant erosion of the limestone cliffs of the mainland that began 10–20 million years ago. The stormy Southern Ocean and blasting winds gradually eroded the softer limestone, forming caves in the cliffs. The caves eventually became arches and when they collapsed rock stacks up to 45 metres high were left isolated from the shore.

Don't think there is Twelve Apostles left now, probably nine or seven? Looks like rock-viewing is a big thing in Australia. Think The Pinnacles and Wave Rock in WA, the Three Sisters in NSW... lol.. so now this Twelve Apostles in VIC :P
Hmm... looks like I didn't blog up about the other two.

One of the best way to view the Twelve Apostles is by air.


Yup - on a chopper ride. I think some of the tour groups has included the chopper ride as part of the attractions.


12 Apostles Helicopter Flights - that was the one we went, there are a few options.

My travel companion was really nice, he let me have the front seat. :)






Sorry but not sorry on the overload of photos but I really like it. It was awesome! I wouldn't say its the cheapest option but in my opinion, it's well worth it.

the Twelve Apostles
London Bridge, but it is now said to be called London Arch because the London Bridge has fallen down. This - not the one in London
Alright, last one... :P



Side note: Saw this from the net, the moment I read it, the thought of "How true!" crossed my mind. -- "Love is... giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to"

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've always wanted to do the chopper ride. Looks like you shelled out for the deluxe tour! Very pricey I'm guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael, you should give it a go... nah.. didnt take the deluxe tour. From memory, its around $150 if i remember correctly...but included the option of low level flight

    ReplyDelete