Night walk in Asakusa

By Cubie - March 30, 2011

Read: I'm going to be cheong hei here. Here's the link on How to Help Japan's Earthquake and Tsunami Survivors again from Todd's Wanderings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went back to the hostel and didn't see Moo Moo Gal and Ms Mo's shoes in the front. They were not back yet. I hang around in the hostel for a while but I have no keys to go in to the room, so I thought I'll go out for a walk. It was already 10pm at that time. So you see - shopaholics in action.

So I walked out of hostel, turned to Shin Nakamise Shopping Street, onward to Nakamise Shopping Street, to Sensoji Temple. A very short walk after turning right from Quality Hostel K House, I saw Family Mart. Haha.. to think that I walkabout Akiba and also went into Family Mart to buy a bun. :P

Pachinko... I didnt go in.



The shopping street is quiet at night, such contrast from during daytime.



I turned in to Nakamise Shopping Street, but at the crossroad between Kaminarimon and Sensoji Temple.


5 storey pagoda after the main gate to Sensoji Temple.



The gate from the inside...




Omikuji at Sensoji Temple


Don't know what overcame to me that day, must be having a blur moment that I didn't walk towards the Kaminarimon to take a picture of the famous gate = ="

It was closed to 11pm then, I reckon the 2 shophaholics should have returned to base. So I made my way back.


Side note: Where to next?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments