Hawkesbury River

By Cubie - August 20, 2011

One of the short breaks idea given in NSW Short Breaks book from the VisitNSW holiday planners is Hawkesbury River. And no, I did not undertake so many breaks in short duration of time, this was a while back but feel that I haven't been blogging much on Sydney, and this current place where I call home at the moment deserved more mention.

So, while lazing on the couch, with Detective Conan anime running, a mug of coffee, I looked up on some picture folders filed away and found a couple of places that I could write about.

First up - Hawkesbury River.

The introduction given in the holiday planner as this is location an hour's drive north-west of Sydney. From the early 1790s, the farms of the Hawkesbury River Valley were crucial to the colony's early survival. The remaining of the introduction, you can read from the link itself.

I remembered the day we were there was gloomy, and it rained. Not a brilliant day for a day out. From memory, at least to me, there wasn't much to do. More of those rest & relax holidays, perhaps with a cruise and wine in hand sort of break.

By the way, Hawkesbury River can be reached by train, with the station name of the same - Hawkesbury River.


We didn't go on any cruise, just wandering about. In fact, we didn't stay very long.
Anyway, here's some pictures... with gloomy weather :P






Side note: I caved in and bought the bag :P

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments