Shanghai: Around Jing'an District

By Cubie - July 27, 2013


Jing'an District is in the center of Shanghai downtown area, and one of the the busiest and most stylish areas in Shanghai. This district owes it's name to Jing'an Temple, an ancient traditional Chinese Buddhist temple.

I find that we walked a fair bit around Jing'an District as I ended up staying in Jinjiang Inn Jing'an. I was planning to book a room in Zhenbei Hotel Shanghai near The Bund after asking Paul but the price shot up during the time of my visit. Also, my friend very kindly offered that he would keep me company on the night prior to my departure as I decided not to travel back to Wuxi.

My friend suggested Jinjiang Hotel. To my horror, when I googled Jinjiang Hotel - I found this. Gulp. My friend is too posh = ="
A minute later, he sent another message, 锦江之星. I realised it was suppose to be Jinjiang Inn, and not Jinjiang Hotel. Phew.



However, to be honest, I am not very sure which road or street I was at, as I followed my friend blindly. I would not choose this hotel if I was travelling by myself, as this hotel is not exactly near to any metro station. As a tourist, I would probably still choose to stay near the Bund, for easy convenience to see the Bund at night :)

However, Jing'an District does has it's charm - it feels a little arty, with sculptures and some paintings on the wall. Strangely enough, it reminded me of Melbourne. Grin.




This is my favourite photo in this lot - love the contrast



Aslan?




Not to forget, my dose of 生煎包 (shenjian bao) from Yang's Dumpling. I got mine from the branch in Wujiang Street. (2/F, 269 Wujiang Lu, near Taixing Lu 吴江路269号2楼, 近泰兴路 +86 21 6136 1391)


The shop was full and there was a queue, so we did a takeaway. The shop was inside a plaza of some sort and there was no food policy outside the shop or perhaps the whole plaza. We ended up eating these yummy morsels outside the plaza.All worth it :)



Side note: Sore throat, sore throat, please go away :/

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Love the street and the red brick buildings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red brick buildings have characters eh ;)

      Delete
  2. Here's another sucker for red brick buildings. First I wished I could stay in that luxury hotel, then I thought ... nah ... I wish I could stay in that red building! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now i'm all curious to see the inside of the red building! ^^

      Delete