Shanghai: Other random places

By Cubie - July 31, 2013

 
 
Friend: Hey, take a picture of this
Me: Why? Is it suppose to be famous?
Friend: Are you sure you don't know? It's the famous hotel in the Shanghai Bund (上海滩) movie, starring Chow Yun Fatt.
Me: Nope
Friend: = ="
 
So there, apparently this hotel is famous, I am clueless and friend was not impressed that I don't really like Chow Yun Fatt either. But, I do know that it is located at a strategic location, overlooking the Bund and very expensive.
 

Along the road, specifically East Nanjing Road is this old-ish looking building and a big crowd.No doubt I was there on a public holidays so I guess many people were out shopping.

Nice art on wall
Speaking of shopping, if you are after some souvenir shopping - in terms of things like magnets, keychains, etc, friend brought me here, Shanghai Science and Technology.


To be exact, the shops near Shanghai Science and Technology. Goods sold are not at fixed price, so it's back to putting haggling skill to use :)

So there, the last of my China series of posts :)
It feels like I should go on another holidays now! LOL


Side note: This is a good comic stripe - on the last line, she wrote, "不被爱的才是第三者" (The 3rd party is the one who not being loved) - that's quite true, is it?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. China posts over so soon?

    Awwww....

    I need a holiday too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I have been very long winded!
      I suppose you will have a break soon for Hari Raya Puasa? :)

      Delete
  2. Another holiday? May I recommend Japan? :D

    ReplyDelete